By bike and boat - The "Green Heart" and historical towns of Holland
With MS Anna Maria Agnes on the "Southern tour"...
Almost always flat on bike paths along the canals or on almost traffic-free side roads, you get to know the most bicycle-friendly country in Europe. You live on a typical riverboat, which accompany you on the daily stages, so that you can stay a day on board and experience the journey as a picturesque cruise. No annoying search for accommodation, no constant packing and in the daytime carefree cycling without luggage. On some days you can also decide between different long cycle routes.
Level of difficulty: 1
Total length: approx. 210 - 260 bicycle kilometres
1. Day: Amsterdam
Individual arrival to Amsterdam. Embarkation from 2 pm. Then you can make a stroll through the Old Town or undertake a town canal trip (possible till 10 pm).
2. Day: Amsterdam - Breukelen - Utrecht - Rotterdam (approx. 30 - 40 km)
Boat trip to Breukelen. You can either cycle directly along the wonderful small river Vecht until the dome town Utrecht or you choose a longer variation via Vreeland. In the afternoon you go by ship further on to the harbour town, Rotterdam. In the evening there is a guided city walk (incl.).
3. Day: Rotterdam - Delft - Dordrecht (approx. 40 km)
Bicycle tour via Schiedam and through Delfland to Delft. A visit to the beautiful old town with its small canals and pictorial roads, bridges and alleys or to a porcelain manufactory, is definitely worth it. Bike tour back to Rotterdam and while we enjoy dinner, our ship sets sail for Dordrecht. Arrival arround 8 pm. In the evening there is a guided city walk (incl.).
4. Day: Dordrecht - Kinderjijk - Schoonhoven (approx. 25 - 50 km)
The ship takes you to Kinderdijk (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage with 19 windmills in a line). Afterwards you can choose between 2 bike tours: the shorter tour leads through the landfill cell Alblasserwaard - the longer variation leads via the famous cheese town Gouda to the silver town Schoonhooven. In the evening small cheese tasting on board.
5. Day: Schoonhoven - Utrecht - Beverwijk (approx. 50 km)
Today you cycle through the wonderful "Green Heart" of Holland to Utrecht. In the late afternoon the ship leaves for Beverwijk.
6. Day: Beverwijk - Haarlem - Beverwijk - Zaandam (approx. 35 - 50 km)
Your todays bike tour leads through marvellous dune landscapes via Bloemendaal and Zandvoort to Haarlem and back to Beverwijk. Alternatively, less sportive can cycle directly through the heartland to the wonderful town Haarlem and back. On the starting dates 16.04., 23.04., 30.04. and 07.05. there is the possibility to visit the world biggest tulip-exhibition in the Keukenhof in Lisse (per bus/train/partly by rail + bike, organized by your own, trips and entrance not included). In the evening you go by ship to Zaandam.
7. Day: Zaandam - Amsterdam (approx. 30 km)
Today the museum village of "Zaanse Schans" (a.o. traditional wooden houses, windmills, cheese farms and wooden shoe "clog" manufacturing) is on your program. Through the local recreation area of "Twiske" you come back to Amsterdam.
8. Day: Amsterdam
Disembarkation until approx. 10 am and individual departure.
Anna Maria Agnes:
The MS Anna Maria Agnes is a medium-sized river cruise ship with 34 outside cabins, from which are 12 cabins on the upper deck. All cabins (mainly 2-bed cabins, approx. 10 qm) are equipped with a shower/toilet, a window (can be opened on both decks), as well as an individually adjustable air conditioning system. The parlour has a restaurant area and a lounge with seating areas and a bar. Seats are available on the partly canopied sun deck of the 72 m long ship.
16.04.16 till 17.09.16 Travel beginning: on Saturdays, Duration: 8 days (7 nights)
Additional Infos and Extras
- In collaboration with a local contract partner
- Route and programme are subject to alterations
- Tour of canals in Amsterdam (daily possible, departure: approx. every half hour, duration: approx. 1 hour, per person EUR 12,-- reduced price, only for tickets which bought directly on board)
- Parking possibilities in Amsterdam available for a fee resp. accommodation in Volendam with free long-term parking (details on request!)
- Cabin information (Three bed cabin -> 1 bunk bed)
Prices per person: IN-QS
Single cabin: EUR 949.00
Three bed-cabin: EUR 709.00
2-bed cabin: EUR 729.00
Surcharge for upper-deck cabin: EUR 130.00
Hired bicycle (7-speed-unisex-touring bicycle with back-pedalling brake) + 1 pannier bag: EUR 70.00
Electric bicycle + 1 pannier bag: EUR 165.00
Seasonal supplement arrival dates (17.09.2016-17.09.2016): EUR 60.00
Seasonal supplement arrival dates (04.06.2016-27.08.2016): EUR 120.00
Seasonal supplement arrvial dates (23.04.2016-28.05.2016, 03.09.2016-10.09.2016): EUR 80.00
Amsterdam, Gouda, Harlem, Lake Yssel, Meuse, North Holland, North Sea, Rhine, Rotterdam, South Holland, Utrecht
- Accommodation in the booked cabin with shower/toilet
- Full board (breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package or snack, in the afternoon coffee and tee, 3-course dinner menu)
- Welcome drink and information meeting on the first evening
- Bed-linen and towels
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Harbour and lock charges
- 2-3 short guided city walking tours (are subject to cancellation in case of bad weather or lack of interest by clients), information on board
- Small cheese tasting
- 1x music evening on board
- Partly reductions on different entrance fees
- Free WLAN/Wifi in the lounge of the boat
- Detailed travel documents with maps
- Board travel guide and daily tour meeting
- Performance guaranteed
Start date: on request
Click to order
- Cabin and season prices see tour description
- Surcharge for upper-deck cabin
- Hired bicycle (7-speed-unisex-touring bicycle with back-pedalling brake) + 1 pannier bag
- Electric bicycle + 1 pannier bag
- Cabin prices see tour description